Spring is here, and summer will be here before you know it. Do you know what that means? It’s almost road trip season! But before hitting the road for a cross-country adventure, check out these tips that will help you stay awake and alert while driving:
- Sing along with the radio. It may seem silly, but singing can really help you stay awake. How? It keeps your brain more active than it would be if you were just sitting there driving. So don’t be shy; pop in your favorite CD and sing your heart out.
- Talking to another person is another way to keep yourself awake. Tell your passengers a crazy story, or have them tell you a crazy story. Not only will this help keep you awake, but it will also make the trip go by faster!
- Going for a drive lone ranger? No problem! Talk to yourself, or refer back to the first tip.
- Avoid eating a heavy meal before hitting the road. You know how you get really tired after eating a Thanksgiving dinner? When your body takes in a lot of food in a small period of time, it just wants to shut down and sleep so it can digest the food. Instead, try eating some light snacks like beef jerky or peanuts
- Don’t drive through the night. If your body is used to sleeping from 10PM to 6AM, don’t you think it would be a bad idea to drive from 10PM to 6AM? Try leaving in the morning if you can, or at least plan to drive during a time that your body is used to being awake.
So there you have it! Next time you’re getting ready for a road trip, remember these simple tips. They could save your life. And if you’re interested in purchasing arguably the best road trip vehicle, stop by Plaza Cadillac in Leesburg, Florida. We have tons of SRX’s in stock on our lot.